Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Recap March and April Goals

Goal #1 for March complete
My goals for March were:

✔1. Finish piecing the Rhododendron Trail mystery blocks into a top. Determine the backing fabrics. Construct the back. Maybe find time to quilt it on the longarm. 

✔2. Continue making progress on the heart table runner. A finish would be GREAT!

♥3. Work on the next book club quilt. Perhaps, the leftover bits of the String of Lightening quilt can be the fodder for this project. I hope to be able to read enough of the book to at least get an idea before I leave on my trip.

4. Begin quilting the Lone Star on my domestic machine. This will be my One Monthly Goal. 

✔5. Continue making progress with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC) blocks.

Exceeded March goal #10
✔6. Continue making progress with the 2022 Temperature quilt.

✔7. Make a Ring Sling for my daughter.

✔8. Make a gift for my granddaughter's birthday.

✔9. Maybe make a fabric bowl.

✔10. Start a baby quilt. 

✔11. Quilt three to four days on the longarm this month. (I quilted three days!)

My April one monthly goal
This is the first month in at least 15 months that I haven't met my monthly goal. While I thought about pulling out the lone star and while I would tell myself, I'll do it on (insert day/time here), I didn't. 

Likely, I'll get back to this project in August. I am happy with all that I did accomplish in March. I actually finished some gifts and a baby quilt much more than I thought that I would do at the beginning of the month!

I did come up with an idea for the next book club quilt. It does not use my leftovers from the string of lightening quilt.

Books Read: Island of the Saints/Andy Andrews 4; When Lightening Strikes/Kristen Hannah 3.5; The Fox Hunt: A Refugee's Memoir of Coming to America/Mohammed Al Samawi 3

The hands of mama and daughter
Audio Books: A Great Reckoning/Louise Penny 4; Glass Houses/Louise Penny 4 

I helped 30 people earn their American Heart Association Basic Life Support CPR certificates.

My goals for April are:

1. Piece all the days of February together for the 2022 Temperature quilt. Maybe, I'll get a bunch of the March blocks together too! I'd like to be caught up with this project by May. Although, I may not have enough of one of the fabrics to stay caught up. Time will tell! This will be my one monthly goal. Check out others' goals at Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal April Link-up

2. Write four posts that feature book club quilts from the past.

View for the next few months--
watching river traffic on the Thames

3. Write a post about the virtual Saturday Workshop classes that I've taken since January. There are five classes I haven't shared!

Last Sunday, I arrived in London, UK for an extended visit with my daughter and new granddaughter. My newest granddaughter arrived March 11. She weighed 5.93 pounds and was 19 1/4 inches long. Miss A gives the best snuggles! I look forward to many hours of the two of us getting to know one another.

I did not pack a sewing machine and my daughter does not have one. I'll be working on hand work projects in between other activities. 





1 comment:

Janice Smith said...

Oh My Goodness! How did I miss this wonderful news! ! ! Enjoy every minutes cuddling with this new granddaughter. Blessings to this tiny bundle of joy and your entire family. :-)