Sunday, March 13, 2022

Yellow Blocks Stitched for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge

Angela picked a great color for March. Yellow is such a bright and happy color. I pulled my yellow drawer of scraps. I cut the pieces needed for two 11 inch blocks and one 22 inch block. 

Yellow fabrics ready to sew
The last two months, I told myself that I would also cut the backgrounds so piecing the blocks each month would go faster. I didn't get it done. This month, I made time to cut all the remaining background fabric for the remaining blocks. That meant I cut backgrounds for 20 small blocks and 10 large blocks. I used clips to group the backgrounds in groups of four.  

Backgrounds cut and organized
When I return from my trip, it will be faster to catch up with the months that I miss since I won't be sorting my background fabrics and cutting strips. The reason I didn't cut those backgrounds earlier was that I didn't enjoy cutting the strips and then sub cutting the strips into units. Cutting was boring and Gertie, my inner squirrel convinced me to leave that job for another month!

Yellow blocks

Gertie, my inner squirrel, wanted to see all the blocks together. I'm glad that she encouraged me to view the blocks together. I like how they are playing together!


I am enjoying the reveal of each block as I finish stitching it.  I'm linking to Angela and the Rainbow Scrap Challenge at SoScrappy. Since these are all scraps, I'm linking to Cynthia at Oh Scrap/Quilting Is More Fun Than Housework.

7 comments:

Ivani said...

Beautiful yellow fabrics and blocks, Terry.
Last year I made log cabin blocks like these and need to make some more to complete de collection. Yours look great. Well done.

Sherrie said...

Hi,
Beautiful blocks...the yellow ones are
really pretty. Have a great day!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Cheerful YELLOW/GOLD blocks for the RSC, Terry. I can't WAIT to see this quilt come together!!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Your design wall is looking amazing Terry. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

It's always fun to see the grouping of blocks as you add new colors each month. Your log cabins are going to make an amazing design! My inner squirrel must be related to Gertie - even when I know I *should* cut everything out ahead of time, I can be easily distracted!

Deb said...

Those log cabin blocks are fantastic! One of my favorite patterns. Great work getting the backgrounds cut, I like to use clips for organization too!

Carol Andrews said...

Such pretty log cabin blocks. Glad you listened to Gertie