Wednesday, July 7, 2021

3rd Quarter Goals 2021

1. Illusions project
This quarter, I had planned to list fewer goals and to have more finishes! Of the 22 items I listed last quarter, I met 10 of the goals. I made progress on four other projects and I didn't touch the other other eight projects. This quarter, however, I managed to list even more goals. So much for paring down!! Gertie, my inner squirrel, Provided the encouragement to dream big.

Below is my list:

3. Legging fabric
1. Complete the CCQ illusions challenge quilt. I plan to string piece the sections in July, assemble it in August and quilt it in September. I look forward to making a dent in a string bag that came from my friend Martha. 
2. Complete this project

2. Make this project. It has been on the list for years. It's time in the queue has arrived!!! A book inspired this project. I want to add red embellishments.

3. Finish the leggings for the granddaughters. I ripped the pink pair apart so that I can make them smaller and the fabric with the horses on it is for my other granddaughter. I stitched the other two fabrics into leggings for myself. I've been wearing them almost every day! 
4. More Frolic blocks and 5. Butterfly glue basting

4. Make more HSTs and complete the border for Frolic. Last quarter, I made more blocks and pieced them into a top that is 109 x 109! 

5. Finish glue basting the butterfly.

6.--10. These are small projects.  I want to make: a couple potholders, a few embellished kitchen towels, a couple more camel back bags and a couple Henrietta pincushions. I want to finish a second Happy Hearts table runner. 

13. Make a tree skirt
11.--12. These are handwork projects. Number 11 is the cross stitch duck kit that I didn't get to last quarter. Number 12 is the log cabin block embellished with hand stitching that I started in a Saturday workshop last January. 

13. Make a tree skirt. At one time, I had a goal of making one of these a year. It is a good gift for a bride. There might be an upcoming marriage. Last quarter I pulled fabric and created a kit. I have a wonderful metallic fabric for the ruffle.

14. Finish making string blocks from the Saturday workshop class I taught last January and piece together a top.

15.--16. Keep up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC) and the Temperature Quilt. 

17. Actually, complete two lessons on the embroidery software.

21. Make a project inspired by the book, "For All the Tea in China."

22. Complete this top with Miss J

22. Work with Miss J to finish her farm block top.

23. Complete the CCQ challenge block.

24. Quilt three days on Thomas the longarm.

It is a big list. Let's see what I can accomplish in the next 90 days!



No comments: