Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Reflections--A 2011 Project

Label, facing and back of project
Our Thread Tales book club read "The Glassblower of Morano," by Marina Fiorato. The opening scene of the book was where I was inspired to make this project. The character is looking at water with the night lights shining on it and thinking about how much the reflections resembled the colors of glass as it is heated.

I had a piece of marbled fabric that reminded me of molten glass. I added a couple of borders and free motion quilted around the various elements of the design using Sulky thread. I faced it, again using Vicki Pignatelli's technique.

This project is an old project that I'm documenting in this blog. From time to time, I'll post about a project that I wrote about in my previous blog.

I'm continuing to make progress on "Frolic," "Unity," and the butterfly which I'm calling "Buggy." I hope to have a Frolic update soon. I'm also gearing up to start four new projects! I'll be posting about those projects in the coming weeks.

Last Friday, the Clark County Quilter's virtual guild show opened. Please come and enjoy the show. Pour yourself a
Finished project
cuppa and stay awhile. The link is: https://quiltfestnw.org. My granddaughter's first quilt is featured in the youth 5-7 year old category. I have a number of entries listed there as well.


No comments: