But, I didn't see this:
Do you see it??? I don't know how it happened. I stitched the border in two different fonts! I didn't see it until AFTER I had photographed the step and was looking at the photo!
So. . .I restitched the borders. This took another day. It takes a long time to carefully trim all the stabilizer away from the letters! The extra "practice" wasn't bad. I understand now that I can change the spacing of the letters with just a click of a button in my embroidery software.
This is the second wall package wall hanging. It too is a gift. The recipient has different likes from the first recipient. I decided to break out the background stencils I purchased last summer from Cindy Needham. You can read about them here. I also purchased some rulers too; but, haven't tested them much.
Using Cindy's papa stencils, I had the background marked in no time at all. I marked each package background with a different papa stencil.
I stitched in the ditch and used white silk thread by YLI. I was surprised how much the silk disappeared into the background. In the previous wall hanging, I used 50 wt. Aurifil. I also stitched around each an every letter. What a lot of stops and starts!!!
To get in some ruler practice, I marked a few lines. My thinking here was that if I had an actual line, I could use the ruler to gain an understanding of how to set it up to allow me to stitch on that line.
Here is a photo of my practice of lining up the ruler. When I used the ruler previously, I had a hard time keeping it flat because the tray table to my machine has a curve on the front side. I found using a shorter ruler helped. Also, working with the ruler to the front of the foot makes me use my brain differently. To learn more about the fine line in designs rulers I bought, click here.
I hope to finish the quilting in a couple more days! More too come next week!