Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Words--The Finish!!

The wall hanging is FINISHED!!!!!! I named it Joyful One.

A little quilting on the packages. . .straight lines that followed the print. Remember, I challenged myself to use the pebble design and variations of it for the background quilting. The reason I chose pebbles because the pebbles shape reminded me of big fat snowflakes falling. That polka dot sashing makes me think of snowflakes. I stitched tear drops or paisleys on this package. Instead of making a roundish circle, I made a teardrop shape.
I followed the outline of the snowmen in the  print below. Next, I took the circles and made them swirl.


I quilted a grid on this print. Notice that all the ribbons are stitched similarly. Finally, I varied the paisleys and circles. . .sort of merged them together to get a circle within a circle!










It is easier to see the quilting on the back. On the right, is the paisley background.Then I decided to finish the sashing and border with actual pebbles.


Swirls with the pebbles
Circles within circles





Then it was on to add the label. This is going to be a Christmas gift!


It is GREAT to have a FINISHED project!!!

7 comments:

  1. Lovely and so nice having a "gift" done from your list so soon! Hope the "receiver" appreciates all the work that went into it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice having a completed Christmas gift! In past years, I would have had 90% of the gifts finished and sometimes wrapped by now. I seem to procrastinate now!!! I hope the "receiver" will enjoy it too. This elf must get busy on another gift!!! Thank you for your comment, Pat!

      Delete
  2. Very joyful indeed. I love your quilting!
    Karen kfstitcher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, Karen, your comment makes me blush!! Thank you!!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful. Love the words and the gifts. A great finished project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie, your comment made my heart sing!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

You don't have to have a Google ID to leave your comment. Enter your comment in the box. Below that box is a line that says, Comment As. Click on the drop down box and select one of the options. Click publish. Thank you for taking time to leave a comment with your name. I appreciate your thoughts so much!