So I started cutting and kitting the parts. It didn't take long before I had used all the neutrals on hand for the background. At a guild meeting, someone left some neutral strips on the free table so I snapped those up! This was a great project for cleaning out small pieces in the blue scrap drawer too. The drawer that I couldn't close, closes easily now.
I cut squares, strips and rectangles too ala Bonnie's scrap saver system. It was a lot of work; but, in addition to cutting 36 sawtooth star parts, I cut a lot of other "ingredients" to use for future parts!
Last February, I went to a retreat sponsored by my guild and making these stars was one of the projects I took with me. I was just making stars. I didn't have a plan other than to use up those old blue fabrics!
I had fun putting stars together and visiting with fellow retreaters. I made quite a few and had lots of questions about where they were going.
Of course, at that time, I had no idea!
Just check out the selection of fabrics! As I stitched, I thought about using some red to compliment all that blue and white! I didn't have a plan for all those stars until the end of March and then I needed to make more!