Monday, July 20, 2015

Green and Purple Triangles

This past week I quilted some more of the purple triangles. The week before, I quilted green triangles. 

I had wanted to practice quilting with a ruler; but, because the slide table accessory for my machine has a curve, I was unable to hold the ruler in place to quilt around the edge. I had some wonky lines and those were the good ones!!

In the end, I chalked a line and then using feed dogs and a quarter inch foot, I quilted triangles. . . .48 purple ones and 48 green ones. What a boring task!!

Now, I'm back to free motion quilting. I like doing that so much better! I'm working on the star points. I hope to finish this quilt by the end of the month. . .course, my original goal was to finish it in May. . .but, in May, I couldn't figure out how to quilt it!!!!

This is how I'm quilting the star points:

This is how I'm quilting the space between star points:


Now that I know what I am doing in all of the spaces, I should made progress every day that I'm in my studio! 

This was the mystery quilt offered through my guild in 2014. I finished piecing it in June of 2014; but, the mystery just intensified while I was determining how to quilt it!!!


No comments: