Wednesday, September 23, 2026

Fun at Gran and Papa's

Airplane ride
When you are four and live in another country, going to your grandparent's home is an adventure because you fly on an airplane for a long time. The best part of the ride is that mama packs a lot of snacks to munch while I get to watch my shows!

Playing in the sand at Cape Cod
Mama and I spent some time in Cape Cod to visit friends and to give me time to adjust to the time change. I loved playing in the sand, eating pasta and finding a mermaid t-shirt! I had less jet lag when I arrived at Gran and Papa's house.

Sorting string fabric
At Gran and Papa's house, I got to sort fabric. I thought Gran had lettuce in her sewing room because that was what the scraps looked like to me!

Lap time with Papa and Bailey
Bailey shared Papa's lap with me whenever I wanted. She was an awful nice dog to pet and scratch.We celebrated her 12th birthday while I was there.  I will miss her when I come to visit in October because she crossed the Rainbow Bridge four days after I returned to London. I know Papa and Gran miss her!
Sewing strings
I learned the parts of the sewing machine and how to make the stitches go forward and reverse. I laughed when Gran told me about the "foot." I thought she was kidding me because I know what a foot looks like! Sewing strings was too boring. I decided it wasn't safe for a four year old to press as I could burn myself with the iron. I told Gran that pressing was for adults! 

Gran repaired the rip in my favorite striped dress and let me wear it as often as I wanted.

Scraping zucchini seeds
I like cooking. Especially when tools are involved. I liked using a spoon to scoop out the zucchini seeds. Gran cut the pieces so they fit my hand. I got to do a lot of scraping!

Zucchini shreds everywhere
Better than scraping was shredding because Gran let me use a machine she called a food processor. I said it was a giant shredder! I got to measure the shreds and sometimes the shreds went other places than in the bowl or the plastic bag. I don't know how those got on the floor!

Adding chocolate chips to the top
Gran let me write on the freezer bags. She said there was enough zucchini to make three zucchini cakes later and one for today. I like eating especially if one of the ingredients is chocolate. I got to use the mixer to stir in the ingredients. Some ingredients went in a different order than how Gran usually makes the recipe.

Testing the batter
The cake was delicious so the changes I made were okay. I liked being the taste tester to ensure that while the cake was baking  the batter was edible!

New swimsuit
Gran made me a new swim suit to wear to my friend Wendy's swim pool. I love to go swimming. Gran let me choose the fabric. My cousin had a suit out of this fabric so it was special to have one like hers!

My art for thank you notes
We painted and made thank you notes for people who gave me gifts of swimming and puzzles. I like to watercolor. I like using a glue stick and I love the color pink! I wrote my thank you on the front and Gran translated my words on the back of the card. 

Checking out the castle at Enchanted Forest
My cousins and Auntie took me to the Enchanted Forest amusement park and the zoo. I like hanging out with my cousins. My auntie is special; but, my Uncle really rocks!

Paper removal of string blocks
Ripping the paper from the back of the completed string blocks was a lot of fun! I could do it faster than Gran!

Riding the trike with Papa and Bailey
Papa and I walked Bailey. I rode the trike almost every day.

Pillow case removal
Gran showed me how to take the pillow cases off of the pillows to wash the cases. I liked shaking the pillow which was almost as tall as me!

Baking sourdough bread
Gran and I baked a loaf of sourdough bread. I liked it best as toast with lots of butter.

Hammering the nails
Papa and I watered the flowers and cut off the old flowers from the roses. I built a letter box out of a kit that came from Home Depot. When my right arm was tired hammering the nails, I switched to my left hand. Papa always started the nails and held the parts still. I never hit his fingers. Papa said I have good eye/hand coordination.

Finished letter box
Gran helped me decorate my mailbox with stickers that came in the kit. I love stickers.

Tracing a coloring sheet
Gran showed me how to trace. I liked making the lines; but, I liked painting best. When I come to visit next month, I want to bake another cake and paint a lot more! I bet Gran will let me!

Documenting my granddaughter's activities during her August stay was goal number two on my September list. Linking to Finished Or Not Friday and Patchwork and Quilts.

4 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

So sweet and adorable Terry! And another visit next month how wonderful!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

What a fun visit you had with your grand girl! I loved seeing what you did with her. I'm so sorry to hear about Bailey, though. Glad you get to see your little one again soon!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Aaw what a wonderful time was had at Gran's and Papa's. Lots of fun memories were made . There is nothing like having the grandchildren visit is there, Terry? Enjoy your day. Hugs.

Julierose said...

What a wonderful granddaughter's visit history...so sweet--I love it..;)))
hugs, Julierose