 |
| Swimsuit #1 |
Goal number six on my August
list was to sew two swimsuits for my four year old granddaughter. She chose the fabric. These fabrics were leftover from stitching previous suits. I found I needed to alter the butt area a bit because she didn't have enough butt to fill the fabric! She had fun modeling her suit. She wasn't excited about me taking time to alter the butt as she said it was fine as it was!
These days, showing most of one's backside seems to be the fashion. I can't imagine how uncomfortable that must feel. These suits provide comfortable coverage!
 |
| Swimsuit #2 |
The second suit I made longer in the body. She may be four years old; but she is a size five around and a size seven in height! To make the fabric work, I pieced the front and back to get enough length. The pattern is busy enough that the pieced line is not easy to see. The pattern that I used was one I used to make swimsuits for my girls when they were that size!
I did buy five yards of beige swim lining fabric as suit number one had a light background and the black lining I have on hand would have shown through when the suit was wet. I used a yard and a half of fabric to make these two suits.
Unless I have another finish or two this month, I'm going to end up with a positive three and a half yards added to my stash. This isn't bad; but, I'm working to reduce my stash by 100 yards this year. Currently, I have a net loss of 73 and a quarter yards. I'd better get busy!
5 comments:
Terry you did fantastic on the suit!
Your swimsuits always impress me, Terry! Did you take some classes on working with knits in order to learn the techniques for them? My mom and I went to "Stretch and Sew" classes back in the day - must have been the 70s. She took to that kind of sewing much better than I did, lol! Your swimsuit model is a cutie!
Oh what a darling bathing suit. I bet your granddaughter was elated and ready to hit the pool. I haven't noticed what is in fashion in bathing suits lately- ( Me with grandsons- I have to focus on the latest swimming trunks. LOL) Have a fabulous day, Terry. Hugs.
Well done on the swimsuits, Terry. Your granddaughter has beautiful hair. I bet she is a cutie pie. I used to sew for my kids when they were small. I always had to add an inch to the bodice of anything I made for my daughter. She was longer in the torso than most patterns allowed.
Swimsuit sewing - takes me back in memories - before the quilting bug bit me.
Post a Comment