Sunday, October 20, 2024

More Sourdough. . .post 2

Goal number six on my October list was to document the latest sourdough recipes that I've made. I first made the Puffed Sourdough Crackers with Gruyere and Thyme. . .except, I left out the thyme!

Puffed Sourdough Crackers
These were not difficult to make; but, it did take some time to roll them out thin and cut them into 1 1/2 squares! My husband loved this recipe. I made it a second time. This time I did add the thyme; but, the results weren't as great as the first time. I used a cheaper Gruyere cheese and I think that was the issue. Still, they were good crackers. They resembled Cheez-its.


Next, I made several loaves of Basic No-Knead Focaccia. I was dubious about the no knead; but, the texture was great with no kneading. I was also dubious about putting the garlic cloves, paper and all, in the dough. The baked garlic was good to use a spread and the area around the clove tasted like garlic. Everyone who sampled this loaf was surprised at how good it tasted!

Sourdough English Muffins
The next recipe that I made was Overnight Mini Sourdough English Muffins. Years ago, when I baked all the bread that we ate, I also made sourdough English muffins. This was a little different recipe than the one I used years ago. It also was great!

Egg, cheese bacon as a breakfast sandwich
I liked being able to cook the entire recipe at once on the griddle. I may have kneaded these too much because I didn't get the holes that I was expecting. I'll have to try again one of these days! We ate these as egg, bacon, cheese breakfast sandwiches! They were great!

Sourdough waffles
Finally, I made a batch of Sourdough Waffles. The recipe was perfect as it made six round waffles. We ate four. I froze the other two and ate them like a commercial frozen waffle. They were tasty. My husband liked those too! Although, we both decided that we didn't need the cinnamon sugar topping that the recipe suggested.

No comments: