Wednesday, October 23, 2024

Game Time--A Day with Oldest Daughter

Orange was the color to wear for the game






My oldest daughter, Amanda, is mom to Miss K and Miss J. She and her husband, James, are great parents.She has been a special education teacher for more than 15 years. Her days are full with teaching and managing the girls to soccer and basketball activities. We don't see one another often. When she invited me to an Oregon State University (OSU) football game, I accepted. I was concerned about my mobility.

Sharing a Bloody Mary
My husband and I had gifted her and James season tickets. We enjoyed attending the games. Unfortunately, my knees made it uncomfortable to attend the games. Long story short, Amanda invited me to attend the OSU versus University of Oregon (U of O) game. 

We left from her house early on a Saturday morning because the game began at 12:30pm. She found a restaurant for brunch and made reservations.  We each had a Bloody Mary and we shared a pumpkin spice doughnut as an appetizer. I didn't think to snap a photo! She asked me when was the last time I had a Bloody Mary. I replied I had no idea!

I asked the server what were the most popular dishes people ordered and I asked what dish the chef was excited about making. She gave me a list of favorites; but, didn't have a list for the chef.

We both ordered an entree that was from the popular dishes and then split it so we could sample more of the menu. Our dishes were both delicious. 

Our entrees
After brunch, we drove to the parking lot at the game and we made our way to the stadium. The last games I attended were in the old stadium. The stadium underwent a renovation that demolished the stands on the west side of  the field.

Now spectators can walk all the way around the inside of the stadium. The renovation took a couple of years. I didn't think that I would walk around the stadium or see another game.

When we first attended football games post college, my father-in-law had season tickets on the west side of the field. When we purchased our season tickets, the seats were on the east side of the field. We've had the tickets three rows up from the student section and at the 50 yard line about twenty  years.

Standing where the stadium ended
Once we arrived in the stadium, we did walk all the way around. Amanda took a photo as proof! The new side of the stadium is nice. There are a lot of eateries which is so different for the days of either hot dogs or hamburgers! 

Unfortunately for us, the Beavers were no match for the Ducks. We were beaten soundly, 14-49. I enjoyed spending time with my daughter.

At the game





No comments: