Sunday, April 23, 2023

Winner Winner. . .Thank you Preeti--post 1

The package
Last week, I received an e-mail from Preeti of Sew Preeti Sew that I was one winner to receive forty, five inch leftover squares from her Bourbon Street Bash quilt. I loved the bright batiks and the almost look of a solid of these Island Batik fabrics. Bourbon Street Bash is one happy quilt!

When she notified me, I did a happy dance that was long enough that I actually had a few minutes of exercise credited on my Apple Watch! Then her prize package arrived in the mail. I got to touch and pet each and every square. There was a lot of drooling involved!!!

Stack of five inch squares and the note
These luscious fabrics will be available in the stores in May. Each square has a friend so there is a pair of each fabric.

Seventeen fabrics are from the Celebrate line by Kathy Engle. Preeti added three fabrics from her stash of Island Batiks Foundation line that went with the Celebrate fabrics. 

Gertie, who has been relatively silent since being rear ended in my car accident last September, has been whispering in my ear. She has pointed out a background fabric from my stash. She has even nudged me toward some design or pattern options. (Gertie is my inner squirrel!)

I'm thinking about the options. I can't wait to start!!! Thank you so much, Preeti!

The luscious five inch squares
On another note, Preeti will be co-hosting her third Positively sew along. It will begin at the end of May. Bernie, from Needle and Foot, is her co-host. Finished quilts are Mercyful Quilts which benefit the Palliative care unit of Mercy Hospital.

Preeti provides the pattern free of charge. You need about 4 1/2 yards of background fabric, thirty 2.5 inch strips of focus fabrics, 4 yards of backing fabric and a half yard of binding fabric. It is recommended to choose gender neutral colors so avoid a color like pink. It is also recommended to avoid dense quilting so it is a cuddly quilt.

The Sew Along ends September 3. You will e-mail Preeti that you've finished your quilt. She will e-mail you the address where you send it. 

Are you in? I am! It will be the first time that I've participated. Although, I might not finish by the time the Sew Along ends, I will finish it. (I still have some rough days from that car accident.)

If you have more questions, check out Preeti's blog post. I'm linking to Cynthia at Oh Scrap/Quilting Is More Fun Than Housework as these are scraps ready to be made into a project!

4 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Congratulations on your fun win, Terry! I'm so glad that these pretty squares have Gertie thinking again. Squirrel projects are the best kind! I have participated in the Mercyful Quilt drive once before and was so happy to donate a finished quilt to that deserving cause. This year, I'm thinking I might finish a quilt top that I've already made and donate it. I even have one ready to quilt that is a Preeti pattern!

Deb said...

Great win , congrats!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Oooh I can see why you were doing the Happy Dance!!! Those are some gorgeous fabrics!!! Congratulations on the win. I know you were over the moon. Have a great week.

Preeti said...

I am not surprised that you have named your inner squirrel. It would be rude to talk to someone so often and not know their name. I am concerned that she was injured in a car accident. Looks like she is on the mend and back to her antics. Please convey my best wishes to Gertie. Thank you for sharing the details for the QAL. You are the best!!!