As per usual, I thought that I would achieve a lot more finishes. Rather than being hard on myself for being such a turtle, I'm celebrating what I have accomplished. My finishes represent four Christmas gifts which is terrific!
It is time to get serious about what I think I can accomplish in the second quarter of the year!
The first project of focus for 2nd quarter!
2.-4. Are three projects in JoJo's passport--Oregon, Canada and England. Visit her at Through My Hands to learn more. I did finish the Hawaii project last quarter!
|2. Mt. Hood project fabrics|
Nope, I haven't posted about it. . .well, I've shared some photos; but, haven't shared the whole project yet! For now, I'll just tell you the reveal is coming!
|3. Canada hot pad fabrics|
3. Canada hot pad project. I'll get to play with hexagons on this project and it is small. It contains some tiny details!
|4. Tea room fabrics|
4. London tea room project. There is a lot of appliqué in this project and the opportunity to embroider those words with my machine instead of appliquéing them!
|Turn a section of this photo into a quilt|
5. Work on the group quilt project. I have the photo; but, I haven't received the instructions for what fabrics I can use and I'm not even sure how many people are working on this project. . .I'm thinking there are 6-8! At any rate, we are given a part of this photograph to recreate in fabric and then we put our parts together and have the whole photo at the end. So. . .being accurate in the size will be extremely important! I haven't done this before so I'll be expanding my box which is goal number 2!!!!!
|6. Figure out what to do with these parts!|
6. Figure out what to do with those hexagons made using different techniques and get them into a finished wallhanging!
|7. Finish this top--perhaps a little|
"Jean Wells" technique for added interest?
7. Finish that project that I appliquéd some leftover pieces to a sparkly background. I think I want to go a little "Jean Wells" to create an interesting background on part of that sparkly black!
|8. Finish this BOM Mystery from last year|
8. Finish this BOM mystery quilt I worked on last month with an online group. I have the last clue to piece.
|9. Mend one shirt and shorten the hem in|
two pairs of pants
9. Shorten the hem on two pairs of jeans and shorten the sleeves on a white t-shirt. I have had these jeans and the shirt two and a half years. Can you tell that I dislike mending and alterations?
I'm at the point though where I could use the jeans. The shirt, I loved. I wore it twice and left it in the bathroom drying on the towel bar where our sweet Bailey as a baby promptly proceeded to "decorate" it her way with a few teeth marks. Perhaps, owning up to it here will get me to actually do the alterations!!
|10. Make 45 folded stars|
10. Make 45 folded stars for the fall retreat
|11. Make two pillow cases|
11. Stitch two pillow cases that coordinate with the chicken wall hanging.
So, there you have it. . .last quarter, I listed 11 projects and finished four. This quarter, I'm listing 11 projects. I plan to have more success in the finishing department than last quarter. Don't get me wrong, I'm still allowing myself to start a new project too!