What a painfully slow progress this quilting became. I'm excited to have typed "finished!!!" I had my second arthroscopic knee surgery mid-April and developed a funk with my motivation of all things "quilterly. "The funk is dissipating; but, still present. I hope that in a couple more weeks, I'll feel like my old self and that I'll have better movement and even less pain in my knees.
This is how I quilted the spaces in the border. I was so happy to get back to free motion work! I made a series of swirls.
I did a little practice and found that the thicker foot sure makes it easier to keep the ruler in the spot that I wanted. I am pleased with how the block looks after I requited the left side! I'm wishing that I would have purchased this foot many months ago! I look forward to playing more with it on another project. I used Cindy Needham's stencils for the background.
This is what the whole quilt looks like. Notice, all the quilting barely shows which was my intent. The other cool finding is that the quilt measures 97 1/2" long on the left, middle and right side of the quilt. This is how it is supposed to happen; but, it is the first time that it actually did!
It measures 67 1/8" wide at the top; 67 1/4" in the middle and the bottom. Okay. . .so it was a little off; but, not by much!
My plan is to just go ahead and bind it without blocking it first!
Luanne, I forgot to take a photo of your fabric! Next week, I'll share it here!